Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The "Parson" Factor

   My blog is only one full-day old, and this is already my fourth entry.  Surely, things will taper off soon, but, for now, I'm enjoying the novelty, and my head is overflowing with thoughts I want to share.

   So far, only one person outside our household even knows the blog exists.  By the time I start telling folks about it, there should be something in the neighborhood of a half-dozen entries.  But they won't all be brand new.  There are some stories/opinions that have been included in personal E-mails sent over the past six months, (which I'll  revise, in part or in their entirety).  If you've been one of my e-mail addressees, you'll probably recognize some oldies.  Feel free to ignore the stale stuff.

   I'm getting to feel quite comfortable with the "Parson ..." angle.  At first, I simply enjoyed the play on words for the title of my blog, but the preacher connection makes it possible for me to use biblical exclamations like, "Lo" and adverbs like "verily".   And I can call you "children" as in, "Verily, I say unto you, my Children ...". 

   I've been to Tarsus, you know.  (It took months to get the sand out from between my toes!)  I'll tell you about it sometime.

  

1 comment:

  1. Way to crank them out. Still waiting for the Turkish prison one!

    ReplyDelete