Tuesday, December 14, 2010

CLARIFICATION FROM THE PULPIT

   I feel the need to clarify something I wrote in yesterday's "Disclaimer" entry.  When I said I might publish a LIE, I meant that I am capable of tongue-in-cheek exaggerations that a naive person might take as gospel, but which a reasonable person would recognize for what it is ... a disproportionate overstatement intended to amuse the reader.

   If I were to publish an outright fabrication, it would be along the lines of,  "I haven't felt that sick since the time I ate fifty hardboiled eggs in one hour at that prison camp." --- a totally implausible lie pilfered from the plot of  "Cool Hand Luke", (or was it in "Ernest Meets the Golden Goose"?).   Totally Implausible!

   But when I talk about my brief liaison with Racquel Welch in the 60's or how, (in the 70's), I was unjustly   incarcerated in a Turkish prison, I am being truthful.  Trust me, there is more to me than meets the eye.  I'm no Gavin MacLeod, but I've been around the block more than once.

   One more thing -- this time regarding my occupation.  I say I'm a "Hipster Dufus (Ret)".  Technically, it's not really an "occupation" because I never got paid for my hipster activities, and the dufussery was just a part-time thing.  But I do have official papers, (from the late 80's), certifying "Hipster Dufus" as my occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment